How do I get a fair settlement?

Have you not received a settlement, does the landlord say that this is not necessary or is the settlement incorrect? The Rent Tribunal can check per calendar year whether the monthly advances that you have paid were reasonable. They ask the landlord to hand over all invoices that he says he has paid in order to arrive at a fair settlement. If the landlord does not do this, the Rent Assessment Committee will determine, via standard amounts, how much you should have paid. Standard amounts are always favorable to the tenant.

We can help you submit your case to the Rental Tribunal.