You are entitled to housing benefit if you meet all of the following conditions:
- You have a rental agreement;
- You pay the rent every month and can prove it;
- You are 18 years or older;
- You are registered with the municipality at your home address;
- You have Dutch nationality or a valid residence permit;
- Your allowance partner or co-resident has Dutch nationality or a valid residence permit.
- You rent an independent house. This means that you have your own front door, toilet and kitchen. It is not possible to apply for rent allowance for rooms;
- Your basic rent is below the limit of €737.14 in 2020 and below the limit of €752.33 in 2021;
- Your income is not too high. Calculate your income via the website of the central government;
- Your assets are below the limit of €30,846 in 2020 and below the limit of €31,340 in 2021.
If you meet all the conditions, you can apply for housing benefit via the website of the central government (in Dutch). If you need help with this, you can contact the Municipality of Tilburg.